What are Cookies
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They're used for many things, such as remembering whether you've visited the site before, so that you remain logged in - or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month. They contain information about the use of your computer but don't include personal information about you (they don't store your name, for instance).
This policy explains how cookies are used on this website and, below, how you can control the cookies that may be used on this site.
Information collected by cookies
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Website, using cookies. Some cookies are essential for the website to be able to be used to place orders and make it easier for customers to login and out.
Some cookies also allow us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit, these are listed below
- Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- your login information
- browser type and version
- time zone setting
- browser plug-in types and versions
- operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- products you viewed or searched for
- page response times
- download errors
- length of visits to certain pages
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- methods used to browse away from the page.
What this information is used for
- They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. We use this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Types of cookie that may be used during your visit to the Website:
The following types of cookie are used on this site. We don't list every single cookie used by name - but for each type of cookie we tell you how you can control its use.
These cookies are used to recognise repeat visitors to the Website and in conjunction with other information we hold to attempt to record specific browsing information (that is, about the way you arrive at the Website, pages you view, options you select, information you enter and the path you take through the Website). These are used to recommend content we think you'll be interested in based on what you're looked at before.
You can disable our personalisation cookie when you are logged out of Facebook. To disable it permanently, also remove the Mirror app from the settings page of your Facebook account.
These monitor how visitors move around the Website and how they reached it. This is used so that we can see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most, for instance.
You can opt out of these if you want:
Third-party service cookies
Social sharing, video and other services we offer are run by other companies. These companies may drop cookies on your computer when you use them on our site or if you are already logged in to them.
Our third party Marketing companies use Google Analytics to then analyse this information to better optimise our business and your shopping experience. If you wish to opt out of using Google Analytics you can install the Google Analytics opt-out-browser add-on.
pting out of using Cookies
You can choose, below, not to allow cookies. If you do, we can't guarantee that your experience with the Website will be as good as if you do allow cookies.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser - remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one: