With all the talk about 70% of women wearing the wrong bra size, we thought it was time to take matters into our own hands and check that our customers know what they should be looking for in a perfectly fitting bra.
Firstly, it is important to ensure that you are wearing the bra correctly and you are wearing the correct style for your body shape:
- Put on the bra and fasten the hook (loosest when item is brand new and moving to the tightest over time as the material stretches)
- Loosen the straps
- Underwire should sit as far up in the 'breast crease' without touching any breast tissue
- Scoop and Swoop - using your opposite hand to reach across, scoop all side breast tissue forward until it is fully encased inside the wiring
- Tighten straps until you can just fit 2 fingers underneath them. Do not over tighten your straps to achieve the uplift
- If you have one breast that is significantly smaller than the other, make sure you fit your bra to allow for this. Adjust your straps so that the cups sit closely to both breasts with as little bagginess as possible
Once you have the bra on correctly, you can either go to our Check Your Bra Size guide or, if you are happy with the fit and know the size you require, place your order with confidence!
Images of correctly fitting bra